E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle Fire is on "parental control" which no one set up…

Customer Question
My Kindle Fire is...

My Kindle Fire is on "parental control" which no one set up and no one knows the password ***** close it out. How can I either find the password ***** end parental control?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

5 years maybe,

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Tried several attempts at passwords, but nothing worked. I have a feeling my grandson somehow put it in but can't figure out how to end it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I did try to establish the original specks and a 30 re-boot but nothing worked. No one knows the password!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/23/2017
Electronics Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Engineer replied 6 months ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

We will have to restore your kindle to factory defaults. It will delete all the contents of the Kindle which you can redownload later.

Please let me know if you want to go for a factory reset.

I want a factory reset!

Please enter a wrong password ***** times on the password ***** until you see a message to restore to factory defaults.

Tell me if you don't see the factory defaults message.

Got it! Thank you very, very much!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.