E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

We changed wifi servers. My Kindle will not accept the

Customer Question
We changed wifi servers...

We changed wifi servers. My Kindle will not accept the password ***** the wifi. All other digital devices have accepted it. Kindle keeps telling me that it is the wrong password

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

We moved three weeks ago, so I guess that would be the last time I could download any purchases. I can access the books that were already saved on the Kindle,, but I have several books I want to buy and download.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No I didn't know there was such a thing. where do I find it.

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once shut down your kindle and turn it back on.

I have done so
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Are you aware of your new WiFi name and password?

not right no
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you have any computer that is connected to your WiFi?

I do know the wifi password ***** my computer is connected to the wifi
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

And what computer is that. Is that a Windows?

it is windows 8.1
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Great! Let's Find out password ***** your computer.

I know the password
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
  • In order to view the WiFi password ***** your Windows machine, you need to make sure you are already connected to the WiFi network or have previously connected to the WiFi network. If so, then go ahead and right-click on the WiFi icon in the system tray and choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
  • Now go ahead and click on Change Adapter Settings in the left-hand menu.
  • Find the icon for Wi-Fi, right-click on it and choose Status.
  • This will bring up the WiFi Status dialog where you can see some basic information about your wireless network connection.
  • Click on the Wireless Properties button and then click on the Security tab.
  • Here you will see a text field called Network security key. Go ahead and check the Show characters box and you’ll now be able to see the WiFi security password. Note that this is just the WiFi password ***** the currently connected WiFi network.
i know the password
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Okay, try to go to settings and then WiFi and let me know if you see your WiFi name.

do you mean for me to go to the settings on the Kindle? I do see the wifi name
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Please press and hold on your WiFi name and tap forget.

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

And then try to click on the WiFi name again and type your password ***** hit connect.

Let me know what happens.

I pressed and held the wifi name but it just bolded and then went back to normal. Forget did not come up
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Okay, what does it say there?

are there any error messages?

it just says the wifi name and there are no error messages
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Tap on the Wifi name and let me know if it asks for a password.

it does ask for a password ***** it won't take the one that is the right one
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Then, try to restart your router.

Try to unplug the power of your router for 2 minutes and plug it back in.

If its still not accepting the password.

Am sure the password ***** are entering is incorrect.

I unplugged.I shut off the Kindle. I plugged the router back in. I turned Kindle on. It does not accept the password. I went to advanced options. the network name came up. I tapped on it and nothing changed. there were no advanced options that came up. i am frustrated because, even though the Kindle says I have the wrong password, I know it is right because it is the same password ***** all other digital devices accepted
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Okay,I understand your frustration, we are tryig to fix this issue, can you please once confirm the password ***** the instructions below.

I quit. goodbye
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.