E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am a software developer. I have developed an app on the…

Customer Question
I am a software...

I am a software developer. I have developed an app on the Kindle that needs to send a text image to the cell phones of all major carriers and I am having a problem with Verizon. When I use the prescribed Verizon email with the specified size restrictions, it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

The Kindle is fine and the system image texts works with all the other carriers.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Using Amazon simple email service
BTW, Using Amazon simple email.
Answered in 2 days by:
12/25/2017
Electronics Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
What do you mean by a "text image"? Do you actually mean a text message via SMS?
the app on the Kindle sends a "screen shot" of it's content to end users. This works with AT&T, Sprint et al, but for some reason not Verizon. We were able to send the screen image to a Verizon cell phone from a laptop, just not the Kindle or Amazon Simple email service. This begs the question if Verizon, does Verizon have an issue with the Kindle or the Amazon simple email service.

> the app on the Kindle sends a "screen shot" of it's content to end users.

Sorry, you haven't clearly answered my question. Technically, I need to know what protocol you use to send a screenshot from a device to end users. I list a few options below, please choose or add the one missed in my list.

1. text message via SMS.

2. multimedia message via MMS

3. email via SMTP

4. notification services of iOS, Android or Windows Mobile.

5. something else.

Please clarify. Thanks.

Using Android with SMTP with picture attachment. We've reduced the size of the pic to 30k all to no avail.
If it is vis email over SMTP then technically it has nothing to carriers. It is purely a TCP layer (aka Transport Layer in ISO model) connection, while all carriers related things are at Netwrk Interface Layer (aka Data-Link Layer in ISO model), EXCEPT the TCP packet size does not well match TCP Window Size or MTU size on the target networking (caerrier's network).Did you explicitly control IP packet size from the source, at API or programming level?
No, this is simply an email.

YES, as I said, it should not be related to carriers.

Anyway, can you please show me an example of this email?

Moreover, as the issue persists, it is necessary to sniff on the network to get low-level feedback from the target, this will tells how your email packets are rejected by the other end and reveal the reason accordingly.

If you can give me a valid phone # & email, I will configure an email to be sent to you and maybe we'll find out where it is failing. I appreciate your cooperation, the entire system is complete and waiting for resolution to this problem we're having with Verizon.

Exchange phone number and email address belongs to Premium Services of this site and it needs extra charge. I would recommend you to request remote assistance service so we can not only exchange contact info but also work on a shared screen while speaking over the phone. You can send test messages to me and I can help analyse the code directly on your screen. This services requires $39 USD on top of this Q&A page. If you agree, I can send you the offer now. Thanks.

I am the designer, creator not the developer. I can put you in contact with my developer who has an excellent skill set. Hopefully, between you and Jon we can fix this thing and move on. I don't mind paying the extra fee as long as I know that the issue will be resolved. Should be a simple thing, works with all the other carriers except Verizon. Tell me what I need to do to get you and Jon working on this.

Because any direct interaction between the expert and customer belongs premium services, so I would like offer you the service for researching and troubleshooting on this issue, including email communication with John or other developers as required. If you agree, I will send the offer.

I agree but I don't want to sign a blank check. I need a budget, how much will this cost.

Hello There.

FYI - The site was down for some reasons and it has been online again for a while. Please continue on this question and my offer. Thanks.

There is nothing to continue, just answer my previous question.

> Should be a simple thing, works with all the other carriers except Verizon.

A packet analyser is required to be installed on a gateway computer sitting between your Kindle app and cell phones on Verizon and other known-good carriers. thus two way traffic can be collected and reviewed for comparing the difference between Verizon and other carriers, then reason can be figured out.

> Tell me what I need to do to get you and Jon working on this.

Please approve the my offer then we can work on a remote computer to sett up the above packet analysing environment as required.

I'm OK with $60 but not any more.
My developers name is***** you want his phone # & Email? Does he contact you? How does this work?

Okay, please kindly accept my offer then I will send a connection link for Jon's Windows computer. Once the link is clicked from the Windows computer, a remote session to the computer will start. Thanks.

i need to check on his availabilty

Sure. Please first accept the offer, then we can start communicating in any interactive way including remote session, phone call, email etc. Thanks.