E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I've just purchased an Amazon Kindle and I can't get

Customer Question
I've just purchased an...

I've just purchased an Amazon Kindle and I can't get connected to my Wifi. I used what i thought was the password ***** my old kindle but it is not accepted. I am connected to Optus but not broadband.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

What appears is Optus_5B76DB.

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. My old Kindle has 'died' I've had it for years. Does it involve a battery and if so can it replaced.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Eric, Technician

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning,

After you read my initial response to you above(please do!), reply and let me know if you are connected to WiFi on any of your computers in the house?

Am connected to WiFi on my desk computer.

Ok, great! Which version of Windows is on the computer?

No thank you.

No thank you, what? I can give you the instructions to verify what your wifi password ***** I just need to know what version of Windows is on the computer in your home that IS connected to wifi.