E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Iam 76 yrs old,and iam trying to get my kindle,to start,,it…

Customer Question
Hi iam 76 yrs...

Hi iam 76 yrs old,and iam trying to get my kindle,to start,,it wont,this is my second kindle,, i held the button,,long time,,also how do i clean out the storage,thank you

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Well it was fine this am,,i tried this evening,,held the buttton,,and nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thats it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

i had the kindle plugged in all the time,,held the buttom,,till now,,nothing happened,is it bad to keep it plugged in all the time
no this is costing enough

No, you can keep it plugged in without any issues.

Is it working now or still an issue?

not working

What is showing up on the screen?

screen isblack
still nothing here,,,

Did you hold down the power button for 45 seconds without releasing?

i held it for 1 minute

How old is the Kindle?

still black screen do these batterys die
almost 2yrs old

They can die but usually this is an internal failure.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

thanks josh,,, i guess its me getting a new one,, merry christmas,,

Merry Christmas to you too!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit