E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Somehow, it turned off and won't turn back on. It's fully…

Customer Question
Somehow, it turned off...

Somehow, it turned off and won't turn back on. It's fully charged, but when I press the on/off button, I hear a few tones, but nothing else.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

It's fully charged. It charged last night.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

For a full minute? No, I've not done that.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle