E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It has stopped charging. it just shows it at 13%, but will…

Customer Question
It has stopped charging...

It has stopped charging. it just shows it at 13%, but will not go any further to complete charge

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

I'm sorry I don't have it with me and I'm not sure. I was wondering if I should just get a new one? or is that something that can be fixed i.e. battery?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

Just the past day. When I tried to charge it last night. the battery shows that little charging symbol but when I checked it still said 13% 2 hours later.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

not a kindle. Samsung Nook
I was on the B&N website and some how got sent to this site. I thought I was on B&N. I would still like an answer.