E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Older Kindle given to my husband who never used it. He did…

Customer Question
Older Kindle given to...

Older Kindle given to my husband who never used it. He did register it though. Now I'd like to use it under my own Amazon account. (Tried updating his card, wouldn't connect with that either.) I deregistered him and tried to register under my own amazon account. Get an error message each time. Unable to connect. Error while registering. Try again later.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Since last night. It hasn't been turned on in a couple of years. I tried updating his credit card. wouldn't let me connect. Since he didn't know his password ***** deregistered him on the device and tried to register me on my amazon account. I also tried setting up a new account.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.