E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It will not turn on. After I noted it would not turn on I…

Customer Question
It will not turn...

It will not turn on

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

After I noted it would not turn on I charged it starting around 11 p.m. yesterday.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No - I will do that now

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It appears to be rebooting -

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.