E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I accidentally reset my kindle to original factory

Customer Question
settings,thereby erasing all my recently...
I accidentally reset my kindle to original factory settings,thereby erasing all my recently purchased books and archived books, also my kindle 3 has disapeared. Is it possible to restore these?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

It sounds like you lost all your purchased book and archived books after resetting your kindle but you can restore the data from your amazon account it will stored in the cloud so for doing that you need to register your kindle with your amazon account and you can retrieve the data by logging to your amazon account.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know the exact make and model of your kindle?