E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Abi got a kindle oasis as a gift but it has my husbands

Customer Question
Abi got a kindle...

Abi got a kindle oasis as a gift but it has my husbands Amazon account attached to it. I want that changed to mine. I also have an older kindle and was wondering if books on that could also be read from my oasis.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything to change it because I don't know how. I was afraid to deregister the device.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how I can register it to me instead of Arto.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Yes, you can.

Tap on the gear icon in the toolbar on the top then All Settings

Click on Device Options then Reset

Do you mean deregister device?

No, reset will do a factory reset and it will start the device all over then you can register it to your account.

Btw, I did hit the deregister device. I was able to register and books from my old kindle are now also on my oasis, however, books I had downloaded as a new device got lost. Anyway to bring them back?

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

That did not bring them back. Unfortunately I did not write down the names of these books. I had selected them from the first pages when the kindle was registered in my husbands name, a page where I was asked to rate some books. I believe they were free for the new kindle.
I just noticed that I was charged $36 . I think it is terrible that kindle charges for answering a few questions!!