E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Can I transfer files from my Nook to an sd card, Samsung…

Customer Question
Can I transfer files...

Can I transfer files from my Nook to an sd card

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Samsung witht the 7 insch screen

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

My Samsung has a cracked screen I want to buy a new one and transfer the files from the old one to the new one

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Yes, that is possible for some apps, your nook content is automatically synced with your Barnes and Noble account. Factory device apps and certain 3rd party apps cannot be moved to SD card. Option to MOVE TO SD CARD will be grayed out.
You can save room on your device by moving Android™ apps to your microSD card.

From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings.

Touch Applications > Application manager.

Swipe left to the SD CARD tab and then select the app you want to move to the SD card.

• The SD Card tab shows only apps that can be moved to the microSD card, allowing for faster navigation.
• A green check mark indicates the app has been moved to the microSD card.
Touch MOVE TO SD CARD. If an app is already on the microSD card, you can touch MOVE TO DEVICE STORAGE.

• Do not navigate away from the App info screen while data is being moved between SD card and device storage.
• If you are receiving an error message when attempting to move data, follow the steps below.
Go to Settings > Storage > Unmount SD card.

Touch Mount SD card to re-allow data movement between SD card and device storage.
Repeat the steps above to move apps to SD card

Can I transfer book files?

The nook book files will automatically sync with another device when you sign in with your Barnes and Noble account.

I would want to transfer book files, can I do that?

Were the book files purchased from Barnes and Noble?