E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

We have a kindle reader that is about 6 years old this is…

Customer Question
We have a kindle...

We have a kindle reader that is about 6 years old this is not performing as well as it should. We asked at JB HiFi where we purchased it and they advised that we should do all upgrades could you talk me through this please ??

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Only recently has it been slow to respond we have no idea what needs doing

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When you say it is not performing, do you mean it is running very slow?

Please let me know

running slow
is there an upgrade that we could do to improve the speed

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you