E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

G'day Pearl, I have an older Kindle and I turned off the…

Customer Question
G'day Pearl, I have...

G'day Pearl, I have an older Kindle and I turned off the WiFi to improve battery life. Now I cannot get WiFi back on. It tells me that it is scanning, but this goes on indefinitely. I have tried to enter another WiFi network by manually adding the information, which I gather from my modem. Still nothing. I took it to the local library which has free WiFi and still nothing. My telephone can see the WiFi at home here and also the one in the library. How do I re-establish WiFi for the Kindle? Thanks, ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Nothing appears, just scanning ad-infinitum. It cannot find a network at all.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

My tablet and the phone can see the router

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That is about it I think.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Kindle..." I apologize for the wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, have you considered / tried performing a software update of the Kindle? ...manually with the use of a computer?