E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle will not let me register! I hadn't used it in a…

Customer Question
Hi! my kindle will...

Hi! my kindle will not let me register!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I hadn't used it in a while, so it was dead. I charged it up and went to use it, and it had reset to factory settings! Now, I am trying to log back in, and I can't. I've tried restarting and that is all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that is all!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Is it asking for a password ***** you are not sure of?

Hi! I believe I know the password, so that is not the issue.

What is the issue?

When I attempt to log in, it says that my kindle cannot be registered now, and that I should try again later. It said this last night too, and I am trying again today with the same result.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

I restarted it and am getting the same message

Have you tried to register it over the phone?