E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have 2 read books and they will not delete even after I…

Customer Question
I have 2 read...

I have 2 read books and they will not delete even after I have told them to.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

I have the very basic kindle that I have had for 5 years so I do not know what model of kindle it is.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

This has been going on for about one month.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

It sounds like you want to delete the book from your kindle so in this case please follow the below steps:

Step 1
Turn your Kindle on. Once you’re on your Home Screen navigate through your library until you find the book you no longer want.

Step 2
When you select the book it will give you a list of options –select “Remove from Device.” The book will go into your Archive. Files in your Archive are not fully stored on your device, but are there to maintain the record of your purchase.

Step 3
If you want to remove the book permanently you can do that as well. Sign into the Amazon account you have linked with your Kindle and go to “Manage Your Content and Devices.” You should be looking at a list of your purchases. Find the book you want to delete and click the “…” button on the left side of the title.

Step 4
From the drop down menu, select “delete.” You will be prompted to confirm whether or not you want to delete the file. Click the yellow “Yes, delete permanently” button to remove the file from your library.

Please let me know if it works for you if it does not we will try alternate solution.