E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have not used my Kindle in quite awhile and it looks like…

Customer Question
I have not used...

I have not used my Kindle in quite awhile and it looks like I need to plug it in as far as the symbols on front of screen. I s this a possibility to get it working again.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I havent tried anything just pressed green light on bottom.I jst plugged it in to charge it a few minutes ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It has been several months since I used it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Battery level low Thanks...Do I get my refund....

Not sure what refund you're talking about here.

I'm a user of the site, not a billing agent.

The system asked for my credit card and said that when I get an answer I will be refunded. I did plug my kindle in as the battery was very low, so I answered my own question...Thank you anyway....