E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It got wet and won't turn on. Is there anything I can do to…

Customer Question
It got wet and...

It got wet and won't turn on. Is there anything I can do to dry it or is it "toast"

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

A couple days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Nothing happens when I've done that

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please ignore any request for phone or remote support they are automated through the site.

Which tablet/E-Reader do you have?

Kindle
If this process costs me 49 just for this, I'm not interested. This is a very expensive chat So please end this. I don't want to pay this much!

Please try to force start your Kindle by doing the following:

1. If you have it connected to the charger currently remove for 30 seconds.

2. If you also have a case on the device please remove it.

3. Connect your Kindle to the charger for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes.

4. Leave on the charger press and hold the power button/switch for up to 1 minute or until the screen flickers which ever is shorter.

5. Then allow about 1-2 minutes for the software to load up.

Let me know the outcome.

Please ensure I don't get charged for this. I feel like this is a scam, asking for a 5$ deposit, then charging me $49? I will buy a new one.

ok