E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just connected a netgear84 router/modem to my wireless…

Customer Question
I just connected a...

I just connected a netgear84 router/modem to my wireless provider. Can't get my kindle to connect

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your NETGEAR84? What have you tried so far?

Just started using netgear yesterday works fine for my laptop, no problem there. Went to use kindle tonight since I connected netgear

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Have entered ssid and network key (comcast) Have tried the netgear name and password

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can other wireless devices connect ok to the Netgear?

my laptop connected just fine.
no email is fine

That's ok, you can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Can the Kindle connect ok to other wifi networks?

There may be a glitch in the network connection between the Kindle and the Netgear device.

Try restarting all network equipment, and also try restarting the Kindle device by pressing and holding the power button to turn it off, then turn it back on.

Let me know if that works?

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Happy Holidays!

Pete.