E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

It is frozen on the screensaver. I just finished charting it…

Customer Question
It is frozen on...

It is frozen on the screensaver

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

I just finished charting it charging rather

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes but no dialogue box comes up to say 'do you want to restart'

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree, ignore any other prompts or indicators on screen), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,