E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Its in USB drive mode and wont move. Its a paper. HP

Customer Question
HI Its in USB...

HI Its in USB drive mode and wont move

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Its a white paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP MPF-M277dw

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MPF-M277DW?

Nothing to do with my printer. Its the Kindle White paper jammed in USB drive Mode

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the bottom of the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

its a kindle whitepaper
Taken out of laptop and has repaired its self. Dont call.Its fixed

I know it's a Kindle Paperwhite- I posted instructions on how to reset a Paperwhite- can you see them?

Aric , DON'T CALL . ITS FIXED ITSELF

I'm glad it corrected itself (I'm not calling! Also I am unavailable by phone- the website sends those offers automatically). If you ever get stuck again- follow those instructions above.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?