E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle paperwhite. I wanted to change the banking…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle paperwhite. I wanted to change the banking details so I reset my kindle. Then I clicked on Use an existing Amazon account. I thought I put in the correct Login ID and password ***** it accepted. But once I was in I found that all my books that I had downloaded before were gone. It was as if I was a brand new user. Either I connected to the wrong Login or there is a way to download my books from the cloud that I am not aware of. Please help. I hope I make sense.

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

About an hour ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

I can still download books and it will accept it. I just paid for a new book to see if it would work. Just my previous books that I had are gone.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you do the reset again so go to menu, settings, menu, reset to factory defaults

Then set it up again with the correct Amazon account

Do you then see your books?

Please let me know

No I don't. I don't know if I used the correct Amazon account. I did type in the login ID and password ***** is it possible to have 2 without knowing or is each Kindle only allowed 1
I am in South Africa. Prefer not to call. Can you answer my questions above.

Yes it is do you have two email accounts?

I do have another email account - but if I did use this one I would not know the password. I did use my wife's kindle to share all my books. All the books are showing on her Kindle.

Thanks

try to reset the password ***** that account on my link below

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/forgot-password/email.html

Then reset the Kindle as per my instructions and register with this account

Let me know how you go please

Ok I have changed the password ***** a new one. I will reset and see what happens

Thank you

ok I have connected it again and still no books.

Yes but on this different account?

I changed the password. It has the book I downloaded to test it but all my previous books are not on the device.
My wife has a kindle and I see all my books on it. Is it possible that I am connected to another account. How will I know. Can I not look in my wifes Kindle to see who she is connected to. Maybe not to my new id

yes, I explained this is the issue before and why I have the whole time been asking you to sign in with a DIFFERENT account.

I don't understand. I clicked on the link you sent me. They sent me a code and i changed the password. But used the same email address. Should I have used the other email address that I think it may be.

yes, this is What I have been requesting, that you use the other email address, reset the password ***** use it on the Kindle.

Let me do it again. Apologies.

No problem, and thank you

Ok. I used the other email address that i though tit may be and it did not recognize this email address. So it is definitely the one that I am presently using.
I really do not know what more to do.

Sign in here

http://read.amazon.com

Do you see your books there?

Just the one book that I downloaded to test it. There is only the 1 book on this link.

Ok, then this is not the account, 100%.

Can you recall any other email address you may have had?

No.
My wife's kindle is linked to all the books as I linked her so she could read all the books that I downloaded. Is there any way I can look into her Kindle to see what the account is. I have her Kindle with me.

Which model Kindle is it?

Kindle Paperwhite
I have her account details if that helps

From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.

Try to locate it there please.

already tried. Went into setting. Household and family library. I see my name there as the person linked to. If i click in it says Sign in for Warren Veenman (thats me) enter password. Nothing else.

Do you see the email address?

No.

Ok, you will need to call the UK Amazon accounts team on 0044(###) ###-####/p>

then based on billing information you should be able to locate the email address used for the account

Let me know how you go please

Thanks Richard. Will do.

You are welcome

Please let me know the results

How did you go?

Richard, Customer Service