E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

W h enough I am playing a game the game cuts off and it goes…

Customer Question
W h enough I...

W h enough I am playing a game the game cuts off and it goes back to the home screen

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kindle fire

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

Maybe 5 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Nothing, I don't know what to try

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

It didn't fix the problem. My Kindle Fire is still cutting off, however, I do NOT want to continue with the just answer program. When I first clicked on this site it was with the understanding that the cost was $5. I have since found that the total cost will be $36 which is ridiculous. I have placed a call to the company and I am opting out of the program.