E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can not open my kindle library. The sign in upper left…

Customer Question
I can not open...

I can not open my kindle library. The sign in upper left corner is not there so I can't manipulate anywhere

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

I can access it now but only to read book I was reading

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps please.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Do I power off?

No. With the Kindle ON try the steps exactly as outlined above please.

I did that twice. I’ll try again

Did the screen flash? Did it reboot?