E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle paper 6, this is my third kindle. when i…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle paper white 6, this is my third kindle. when i plug it into charger it will only charge if the cord is sitting a certain way

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

A couple of months, the same thing happened with the other two. nothing just keep plugging it in til its charging but from my experience in the past eventually its going to stop charging all together

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

charging light doesnt even come on
it will only come on if it sits a certain way
i have it proped up on my tape dispenser to get charging light to come one

How old is the Kindle?

not even a year
maybe 8 mos

The good news is that your Kindle is still under warranty and you can receive a replacement!

Once you receive the replacement, you can register the Kindle and all of your books will appear again.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!