E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When trying to purchase a book I get the folllowing message:

Customer Question
When trying to purchase...

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

When trying to purchase a book I get the following message: "You do not have a valid credit card on your account". I have checked that my credit card details are correct and up to date in settings.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

For the past two or three days.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

The last successful purchase was made on 24 Oct.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

You can edit your payment method by visiting the Settings page within Manage Your Content and Devices from a web browser on your computer.

To view or edit your payment method:

Go to CLICK HERE Manage Your Content and Devices (Amazon.com full site).

From Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Digital Payment Settings.

Select the desired credit card information, or add a new card, and then click Continue.

Enter the desired billing address, and then click Continue. You will be taken back to the Digital Payment Settings page where you can view your edited 1-Click payment method.

Then on the Kindle, Press and hold, or slide and hold, the Power button for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes blank, then let go. Press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info and check for normal operation please.