E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I need to change the Credit Card type and number for my

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change the Credit Card type and number for my purchases on my Kindle

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I need to change my credit card details to purchase a ebook on my Kindle

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is best done on your computer rather than the kindle, directly on amazon.com (or amazon.com.au, whichever your account is under).

There are a few easy steps to fix this:

From your amazon account page on the computer,

First, go to Manage Payment Options

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go to Manage Your Content and Devices

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Thanks,

I do not have a problem with my Kindle.
I’m not suggesting there is anything wrong with the kindle. I sent you the steps above to update your account.
I should not be charged for this information. I am in my eighties and have obviously gone to the wrong web site to rectify my problem with my credit card. Please refund my money back.

This is a paid support service, it is not free help. I apologize if there was any misunderstanding, but you came to the site and explicitly agreed to all of the terms and pricing and paid the agreed upon fees when posting your question. We're all independent techs here working on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help. I provided the above answer for you already which will resolve your problem when those steps are followed through. To ask for a refund at this point is forcing me to work for free for my time spent advising you in good faith.

Do not call thank you. I have solved the problem
I obviously need to be a little bit more diligent as to what sites I go on in future.
Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician