E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have been trying to get y kindle going after a couple of…

Customer Question
I have been trying...

I have been trying to get y kindle going after a couple of months of not using it it wont accept my password ***** the wi-fi...have never had any trouble with it before but as we now have NBN i am having so much trouble with my computer and wondering of this affects my kindle as well.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

About 2 months ago same time as they rigged up the NBN

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

Yes i have put in all the amazon passwords that they sent me..i know my password ***** ***** but it just wont accept it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to get into all my reading again!!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 2 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Just to confirm the password ***** to connect your Kindle to WiFi is incorrect?

no its the one i have always used to connect to the wifi
i dont need to call you im sure we can work it out here.
where have you gone?????

Sorry for the late reply. Which model Kindle do you have?

modelDO1100

Please tell me what software version you have on your Kindle.

From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. You will see the current software

It doesnt tell me which kindle i have only the model number...i have had it for about 6 years

You have provided the model number now I need to know software version. If your software is out of date that is the reason you can't connect to WiFi.

the only thing i can find is kindle4.1.3.
no..i want an answer but not paying anymore for it via phone call.
i also want to know what happens to all my books i have stored in kindle if the soft ware is out of date.

Your books are all associated to your Amazon so you have not lost your books. All you do is register your device to your account and have immediate access. It appears that your device does have the last release for that particular Kindle which is 4.1.3.

Have you connected any other devices to your WiFi using that same password?

i have my mobile phone and computer all with the same wi fi password.

OK, I will opt out. Another expert who may have a solution for you will reach out to you.

ok im waiting.
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

i need to connect my kindle to the wifi and it is not accepting my password ***** i use for my phone,printer,computer and up until now...my kindle.

What is the error message that you see?

there is no error message apart from unable to connect to my wi fi

Have you tried a factory reset?

no i havent been game!!!!

I am not sure what you mean

I havent tried to reset the factory settings,....isn't that what you asked me!!!!!

Yes, but I didn't understand what you mean by "I havent been game"

Which model Kindle do you have?

model DO1100 software no. 4.1.3

Turn to Home screen > choose Settings > press Reset Devices. to Home screen > choose Settings > press Reset Devices.

I still cant connect to the WIFI..

What is the error message?

Dan T.
Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician