E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have the sd card installed, but can't transfer my

Customer Question
I have the sd...

I have the sd card installed, but can't transfer my downloads from the kindle to the sd card?

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

Just now when I purchased the sd card.I am sure that I am not doing it correctly

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Not yet. I willnow.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Am I doing this correctly? I loaded the sd card.,loaded settings switched the download books to your sd card, and went back to great courses app and started downloading each lecture, but the lectures only downloaded to the internal memory of the kindle and not to the sd card/

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The easiest way would be to connect the tablet to a computer via USB cord.

Move them all over to an empty folder on the computer and then, while still connected, change over to viewing the SD card rather than the devices "Internal" storage. You can then move or copy the files over to the card.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------