E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a paperwhite kindel, i just bought a book from Slocum…

Customer Question
I have a paperwhite...

I have a paperwhite kindel, i just bought a book from Joshua Slocum and the download just stay in 1% i has been 2 weeks now and haven't charge

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

2 weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes, shut down the display and refresh

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thats about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

i rebooted 3 times and nothing happend, i'll charge it for 15 min and do it again

Okay, and also let me know how long you've owned it for if those steps don't work. Just to make sure- you're using the power button on the bottom of the Kindle next to the charge plug right?