E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Authentication problem--can't connect to wifi. I am helpless…

Customer Question
Authentication problem--can't connect to...

Authentication problem--can't connect to wifi

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I am helpless with this stuff!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once shut down your E-reader and turn it back on.
Let me know when this is done.

And is that a kindle, Nook or Kobo?

I shut it down and rebooted
Still can’t connect
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Is that a kindle, Nook or Kobo?

Nook
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

When it says as authentication error it means the passwords are mismatching.

So please make sure that the password ***** your WiFi is correct.

Let me compose the instructions to fix this hold on.

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Please go to WiFi settings on your Nook.

Tap the network to which you want to connect, and then tap the Forget command. This erases previous settings for the connection. Then tap the same WiFi network name and connect with your password.

Let me know if this works.

Did not work
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Then the password ***** be incorrect.

Do you have any windows computer connected to your router's WiFi?

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

And may I know if that's a Windows 10 or 7?

10
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago
  1. Go to Start , and select Settings >Network & Internet.
  2. Select the search box in the taskbar, enter view network connections, and in the search results, select View network connections.
  3. In Network Connections, press and hold (or right-click) the network name and select Status > Wireless Properties.
  4. Select the Security tab and select Show characters.

The password ***** the wireless network is displayed in the Network security key field.

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnohPTdojwk

Or watch the YouTube video which I have mentioned in the above mentioned link

Still have not been able to connect
I will have to keep trying but thanks
Bye
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Thank you.

Let me know for any further assistance.

Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu
Suhasini Velu