E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle is charged, however, I am unable to open it or…

Customer Question
My Kindle is charged...

My Kindle is charged, however, I am unable to open it or reboot it, Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It just started today...I have only tried to open it an reboot it but nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.
That worked but I feel the Just Answer was false information . the charge of $5.00 turned into $36.00 and I will refuse to pay this on my credit card.
I am sorry for any difficulty or confusion. I am not sure about any of the fees. I only do the tech support. However our service is backed by 100 % guarantee and customer service will be glad to answer any account questions for you.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thank you very much!
the technician responded but I was lead to believe it was a $5.00 charge... not $36.00... I will refuse to pay that amount...