E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle died on me as I was reading. There was no message…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My kindle...

Second opinion] My kindle died on me as I was reading. There was no message to say the battery was getting low. When I plugged it in to recharge it showed a picture of a battery for a while and then it disappeared. Although I left it recharging the light never turned green and it wont switch on. Do you think the battery has had it. If so how do I take the back cover off to replace it. Thanks. John

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

About 2 weeks ago before I purchased my latest book.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes. nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.