E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How do i open my kindle once the password has been changed…

Customer Question
How do i open...

How do i open my kindle once the password ***** been changed and forgotten/

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Several months ag several months ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No, how do i do it

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that who b e g rea no, that would be great

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 7 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the model number of the kindle?

This is my daughters kindle so I don’t know much about it, trying to get it going again. How do I find the serial number?
 replied 7 months ago

Probably we can try doing reset on the Kindle. If we do a hard reset on the Kindle,you will loss all the data but you can retrieve the data by logging in to the Amazon account. In order to do a hard reset please follow the troubleshooting given below.

1. Turn OFF the Kindle

2. Once the Kindle is completely power off, Now press and hold the Volume UP+ Power button.

3. Release the keys when you see Amazon logo on the screen.

4. From the men choose "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" by using Volume button to scroll.

5. Press the power button.

6. From the confirmation steps choose "Yes-- Delete all user data" using volume button.

7. Press the power buttom again.

8. (Now all the data will be wiping/erasing)Tab is now formatting.

9. Finally, Use the power button to execute option"Reboot system now"

10. Now we have done with the Factory reset operation.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Are you still there
Having trouble with getting the Amazon logo.
 replied 7 months ago

I am sorry the delay, Could you please tell me what exactly happens when you press and hold the Volume UP + Power button?