E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

We bought new kindle e-readers and we can't get them to

Customer Question
We bought new kindle...

We bought new kindle e-readers and we can't get them to accept our wifi password. What do we need to do to connect?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

Xfinity dual band wifi 802.11acxb3

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Thank you. Let's begin the remote help session now.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 64
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Are you trying to run the remote on a Windows computer or a Mac computer?

I have waited almost one hour at the remote screen. Do you plan on doing this now or at a later time?