E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have just purchased a kindle e-reader. When I opened the…

Customer Question
I have just purchased...

I have just purchased a kindle e-reader. When I opened the box it was in Japanese and I cant proceed even by swiping or any other method. I want to install English, and register it with amaxon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I have tried everything it wont move. I purchased it this week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No only to proceed to English and register

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/11/2017
Electronics Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Engineer replied 7 months ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Is it a Kindle Paperwhite?

You don't need to understand the words to change the device language, just count and this will work for all languages.
From the Home Screen - house icon > do you see the menu - three lines in the upper right corner.

there are no lines in the upper right corner. Only Wi-Fi symble+battery+letters 1:4:1.39. When I swipe or tap nothing happens

Are you sure it's a Kindle Paperwhite?

I will give you a video which will help you to change the language on your Kindle.

Please follow the sequence in the video. for example in the video to select settings he's selecting the sixth option in the pop-down menu.

Please follow this link to access the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaHtr243Prs