E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Kindle wont recharge. Home screen, boy under tree, is on all…

Customer Question
Kindle wont recharge...
Kindle wont recharge. Home screen, boy under tree, is on all the time, grey tones. Charged over night all that happens is that the home screen becomes back lit. Tried holding button down for 40 seconds nothing happens.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Were you able to try those steps? Did the Kindle respond?

Tried no luck

Which model Kindle do you have an how old is it?

Paperwhite. 3years

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Aric, Technician