E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I wish to lend a book, but none of the books in my

Customer Question
I wish to lend...

I wish to lend a book, but none of the books in my collection offers this option. Do I need an update, or special app? Surely I'm not simply unlucky in my choice of books?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your software?

Recently

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Are you trying this on your Kindle?
No, I'm using my desktop computer

Did you try these steps?

To loan a Kindle book:

1. Go to the Kindle Store from your computer, and then locate the title you'd like to loan.
  2. On the product detail page, click Loan this book. You will be sent to the Loan this book page.
  3. Enter the recipient's email address and an optional message.

Note: Be sure to send the Kindle book loan notification to the recipient's personal email address and not their Send to Kindle email address.

4. Click Send now.
I have tried the above method with an individual book, and also the Manage Your Content Page approach with ALL my books, but lending does not appear to be an option, which is strange.
Is that it, then?