E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle fire speakers work, my headphones do not work when…

Customer Question
My kindle fire speakers...

My kindle fire speakers work, my headphones do not work when plugged in. The sound is still coming from the speakers. I have tried the speakers on my computer and they work with the computer. Thanks so much for any help. Mario

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

It was a birthday present July 2017

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

? I use it as a reader and check emails. I am traveling and wanted to watch movies on it but the sound is coming from the speakers.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/10/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know if you have tried another pair of headphones on your kindle to check if there is a problem with the headphones or kindle?

I have tried another pair and the sound is still coming from the speakers and not the headphones. Thanks
I tried the headphones on my computer and they worked but when plugged into the Kindle the sound continues to come from the speakers.
OK, I don't know what happened but now one set of headphones is working for the kindle. Thank you for your time. I'm sorry to have troubled you. They would not work but now one set is working.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

That's really great that it's working for you now please reach out to us if you need any technical assistance thank you.