E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Alexa was working this morning and then I changed it to a…

Customer Question
Alexa was working this...

Alexa was working this morning and then I changed it to a different outlet and it lite up red and now it just spins around blue and doesn't change colors or talk when I speak to it?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon Echo cost around $179 in white

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Amazon e-reader? What have you tried so far?

I changed outlets and I hit the action button and Mic button - the mic button is on an the light ring just spins blue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It' It's the top ring that spins blue and I think I've tried everything else. Can you help?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
You may well have reset it by accident, perhaps holding down the reset button while changing its outlet? or just the change of outlet might have reset it, by a rare mischange.

Setting it up again is probably what you need to do, from scratch,, as if it were a new device. As follows, here are the instructions for doing that:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- Depending upon whether you have a handheld, iPhone/iPad versus Android type, or Kindle, or a computer, you can setup your device various ways for Alexa use:

For handhelds, you go to the appropriate one of these, and get the Alexa app for setup:

Apple App Store
Google Play
Amazon Appstore

and use that app. If you have a computer rather than a handheld, you go to the

https://alexa.amazon.com

page on your computer instead of getting an app, and you setup the Alexa device from there.

Any which way:

Plug it in, turn it On, wait for the light to stabilize into:

blue, then orange.

Then follow the instructions on the app, or in the web page, to connect/configure the Alexa device to connect to your local WiFi.

Then once it is connected, that's it. You can speak to it, and it will use the WiFi connection to respond, to some extent, or at least to get information/music/news/information/etc.

------------------------------------------------------

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.