E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I've had this kindle for a few years now and all of a sudden…

Customer Question
I've had this kindle...

I've had this kindle for a few years now and all of a sudden my wifi got disconnected??? It's asking for a password, but I don't even remember setting up a password ***** the only one that I would have used is not working.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Last night at the hospital.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No because I don't know how to.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.