E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Just received a Kindle Voyage today. Have successfully

Customer Question
Just received a Kindle...

Just received a Kindle Voyage today. Have successfully downloaded my books and magazines. However, it's all in black and white. Was wondering how to get it back to color?

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

When I initially downloaded everything, everything was in color. When I went to read my artist magazines, they had changed to black and white.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

I tried that - didn't work - still black and white.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No - that's the only problem I'm having.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/9/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I have some perhaps disappointing news: It would seem that the Kindle Voyage is actually a black-and-white screen device.

A Kindle Fire might be more like what you were hoping for... so, I suggest returning the Kindle Voyage and getting it exchanged (more or less, maybe by way of a refund) for a Kindle Fire model, with a color screen capability for sure.

In fact the Kindle Voyage is listed officially as having

Display: 6" diagonal, 300 pixels per inch, 16-level grayscale, LED frontlit

where 'grayscale' means basically, no colors, just black-and-white.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution ?

If so, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)