E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just got a kindle 8" hd fire last Saturday and it was

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a kindle 8" hd fire last Saturday and it was working up till today. I have it charging and won't turn on now

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

2 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Ok

I have done that already

You have reset it using those exact steps? Charging the tablet is different than the steps above.

Nothing has changed. I got kindle last Saturday as a gift. The box it came in was thrown away.

The good news is that your Kindle is still under warranty and you can receive a replacement!

Once you receive the replacement, you can register the Kindle and all of your books will appear again.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I don't have the dreaded I have the kindle fire HD
I meant ereader

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!