E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just got a new fire replacement for Paul's 4th kindle, how…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new fire replacement for Paul's 4th kindle, how do I transfer all my content?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It just arrived. I've used my kindle s for 10 yrs.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Reregister?

Technician's Assistant: What can I say?

Just everything I've purchased.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Simply connect your new Kindle to WiFi, then when that is done and it is connected, you proceed to Register your new Kindle, to your existing Amazon.com account (the same one that the PAULS 4TH KINDLE is or was registered to), and then you can download the content and e-books already bought and in your account, to your new Kindle, without paying for them again.

You see, if bought from Amazon at very least, your e-books are always available in or from your Amazon.com account for re-downloading as needed. So, once registered on the new Kindle, you may download the books once again.

That's how the e-book model works: buy a given e-book once, and always have it available for download or re-download, to any number of your registered Kindle devices. This way, if the device breaks or is lost or stolen, your books are all still there in your Amazon.com account.

So, just do not choose 'I want to create a new account' when registering (if you choose that option, you will NOT have free access to your previous Kindle's content), choose 'I already have an existing account', and you should be fine.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)