E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I bought a new Kindle paper and while registering I

Customer Question
I bought a new Kindle...
I bought a new Kindle paper white and while registering I accidentally switched the language to German. How do I switch the Language to English
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed with any troubleshooting,please once shut down your kindle and turn it back on.
Let me know when this is done

I shut it down, turned it back on and have a screen title "mijn biblotheek"
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Please click on the three horizontal lines on the right hand top and check if you could see any option as

die Einstellungen

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Please try to follow this on your Kindle and let me know if you are able to follow this.

Die Einsteelugen>Geräteoptionen>Sprache und Wörterbücher

If not let me know we will try other troubleshooting.

No I dont see “die Einstellungen”
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Or just Einstellungen

No
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Can you please tell me the options you see on the kindle.

Mijn bibliotheek*
Mijn tennisten
Kindle Store*
Vocabulary Builder*
Experimentele browser*
Instellingen*
Nieuwe collectie maken
Over collecties
*bold type
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Tap the home button on your kindle and let me know whether if you see the three horizontal lines.

No I don’t see any horizontal lines
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Okay, please wait.Can you tell me what are the icons you have?

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you see any search icon(magnifying glass)?

At the top
Minnesota Bibliotheek
Kindle icon with he Kindle instellen
To right of Kindle ickmn
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Click on kindle instellen.