E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My screen is dark but will occasionally come on but very…

Customer Question
My screen is dark...

My screen is dark but will occasionally come on but very dim, after a few seconds it will go dark again.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Earlier today, it was around 85% when this problem happened.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No, only a few seconds.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

The kindle will not turn on at all most of the time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

my Kindle will come on, show the Amazon logo & Fire but the screen will then go dark.
This Kindle is new, i will just return it.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle