E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle won't go on although it is fully charged!

Customer Question
My Kindle won't go...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.