E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My child changed some settings but does not remember what or…

Customer Question
My child changed some...

My child changed some settings but does not remember what or how. now my screen is white. if I swipe up, I get the book but cannot access home screen icons etc. HELP

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

She made the changes a couple of hours ago. so just before that

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

Have no clue what a Factory Reset entails. Can you tell me how long it will take

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I only can spend an hour now otherwise I will need to come back when I have more time. what do you think

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 7 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician
Hello
WelcomePlease hold down the on off switch on the kindle for 40 seconds,the kindle will reboot,let me know how this works out pleaseAnthony