E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Bought my wife paper last Christmas She never used it. Now…

Customer Question
Bought my wife paper...

Bought my wife paper white last Christmas She never used it. Now won't charge

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Charging-no ***** *****ght. Holding power switch 15 secs

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 7 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>

Leave kindle on the charger for 30 mins>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony