E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Had to change my email and password with Amazon they said it…

Customer Question
Had to change my...

Had to change my email and password ***** Amazon they said it would change with you but my new stuff doesn't work not does my old one help you charge me and I can't use any thing help please

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Amazon device?

I can shop but it been sent 6-8 weeks

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

That how I change it and checked with them they said the change went through yet I can not get on my kindle

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: JustAnswer, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Customer Service
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 7 months ago

It sounds like you want to change your amazon email address and the password ***** yes please follow the below steps:

To change account settings:

1. Go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html and select Login & Security.first login with your current amazon account
  2. Click Edit next to the account information you'd like to update.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions and click Save Changes.
  4. Click Done after you've completed all your updates.

Note:

• If you change the e-mail address on your account to an e-mail address that is already associated with another Amazon account, we will ask that you first verify your e-mail address. For more information, go to Verify Your E-mail Address for a New Account .
  • If you change your e-mail address, all subscriptions and communications preference will automatically be associated with your new e-mail address.

Please let me know if it works for you if it does not we will try alternate solution.